Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Scouts outing

This year, Eli has joined cub scouts. Scott and Gpa T are totally excited about because they both are Eagle Scouts. This is going to teach Eli responsibility and a lot of know how when he's out in the elements. This should be a great experience, and I know Eli is excited because his dad and Gpa both have done it themselves. It's just another thing that bonds them all together.




This morning was their first outing together. They went as a pack to the Monroe Fire Dept. The assistant Pack leader works there, so they were able to get in faster than usual I guess. Well they were shown the three different firetrucks they have, they were shown where they sleep , and shown the equipment they wear. The firemen told the kids that the outfit may look a little scary, but if you see a man like that in your home, know that they are there to help. (I thought that was pretty clever... I never thought about the fact little kids may think they are scary). The Kids were able to get up into the truck and see all that's in it.






Even Lilly and Zach were able to go with daddy and Eli (I unfortunately had to stay home, I had a client in, so this is second hand storytelling). They had a fun morning together.

0 comments: