Scott's Birthday was on the 14th of this month, and as you can see I am a little late in posting this. We didn't do it up... I am just not convinced that Scott really wants us to do that!
(although one year I am going to surprise him big... so just you wait!)
We stayed home and I made him a Yummy meal, and an even yummier cake. It was Chocolate, upon Chocolate with Chocolate chips... do you think he likes Chocolate? :0)

He also loves his Tar heals (even though they are having a rough year and rebuilding their team)... so that was also a theme this year. We got him his Tar heal jammie pants, Mimi and Poppie got him his shirt and slippers. So he is set for comfy cozy nights by the fire!

I do have so much to be grateful for when it comes to my husband. He is a man that is very laid back, who doesn't want to be seen or given credit for anything. He is a man that will work really hard and not care whether he is recognized or not. I guess the word I am looking for is he is humble. The Lord continues to teach me so much through this wonderful man... how to be gentle, how to be loving and how to be more introspective. As much as that is hard for me to swallow sometimes (the introspective behavior) it is one that I need to do more often. I need to take the time to look deep into my heart and allow for the Lord to change it. He is a man that loves, loves, loves his children... and loves, loves, loves to spend time with them. I know that I am so blessed to have a husband that cares an incredible amount about his family and their well being. He is determined to be involved with us as much as he can, and he does a great job at showing us just that determination.
Scott, babe, I love you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for putting up with a crazy like me! I thank you for your patience, and respect the humble man that you are.
Happy Birthday...
again!

0 comments:
Post a Comment