My gut feeling when I heard this was... take it out... and make sure it's ALL gone. I am one that would do the most invasive treatment to guarantee that there is nothing left over. My daddy-in-law is very different from me. He is more Scott's personality (or I guess that's the other way around), laid back, a thinker, and wants to process things. The doctor will be seeing him again in a month to make sure that things are going smoothly and to see what his P.O.A is.I was told that if he does the radiation therapy and for some reason it is not removing the cancer, that means that there is more that hadn't been detected behind the prostate. Then they would proceed with a surgery of some sort I believe. Or If he were to remove his prostate from the get go (which won't cause any other damage) he could be rid of it all together, or if there is more found then they would proceed with further action.
So Please pray with me for a couple different things here...
1. For clarity in what my daddy-in-law is supposed to do.
2. To give him peace with the decision that is made.
3. For my mommy-in-law, that she feels the presence of the Lord with a great peace as well.
4. That together they come to a decision and don't wait too long, just in case there is more cancer that is not seen at the moment.
Gpa T, we all love you so very much, and we want you to get well A.S.A.P so we can play with you again! We know that you don't like doctors and hospitals (we don't either) but we do want to see you get the treatment that is needed in order to sustain you life as long as we can do here on earth. Eli, Lilly, and Zach want to be able to have you around as long as we can... and so do Scott, Sandy, and I.
Dear Father, Please place you hand of healing upon Gpa T. We know and believe that you can still work miracles... whether touching him with you hand right now and removing this cancer, or by using the doctors. Lord give the doctors wisdom in how to treat dad, may they be lead by your hand. Father, I also pray that you will give him and Gma B wisdom and discernment in what decision to make.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

2 comments:
Enjoy your father in law!...Take lots of pictures!...Make lots of memories!!!
I will keep your fil in my prayers..and your family too.
Cancer is such a terrible disease...I know all to well first hand...but I also know that God is bigger and badder that any cancer could ever dream of being ;o}
Post a Comment