Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Adventure to Great Wolf Lodge







Yesterday, we took an adventure to the Great Wolf Lodge. Eli and Lilly had a blast. Lilly was all about the slides in the kiddie section. She couldn't quit hold herself fully up as she was headed down the slide because they were pretty steep and fast for them. Each time she went down she would squeel out of sheer excitment! This little girl is going to just as much of a thrill seeker as her big brother Eli. We had such a blast as a family. It's funny how we can get so caught up in the routine of a day that we sometimes forget to have fun with each other. Well we were reminded how much we love to have fun together as a family, and it's only going to get better as they get older and Zach is able to join in. I think our next big trip will be to an amusement park... Eli will be all about the rollercoasters. His favorite ride at the lodge was called the howling tornado. You can ride four people together... the drop is almost straight down, and the first time eli went down he had no clue what the drop was like because he was facing backwards. You can only imagine his face... eyes buldging out of the eye sockets, and mouth as wide open as it could go, and no sound coming out of his mouth because it took his breath away. When it was all over he smiled and said "We need to do that again... but this time daddy, you are going down backwards!" The other ride he focused on was the wolf rider wipeout... it was a simulated bodyboarding ride. Once he got the hang of it, he was awesome as you can imagine... I was waiting for him to get up on his knees, which he did when I wasn't there :( , but he did spin around and around on the board. I think I have an X-gamer on my hands... He has NO FEAR! I was pretty wild to see him ride that thing... I know that Mimi and Poppy, Grama B and Grampa T would have loved to see him do that... they all would've had a heart attack! MIMI, you would have freaked out and gasped as you usually do when he gets close to wiping out! Now don't get me wrong, daddy and mommy also had an awesome time... we felt like kids again! Yeah vacation!

0 comments: