Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Continued Prayer


Our Little Lilly is still needing our prayers. We know more than anything that the Lord will heal our girl... yes, it may be through doc's and med's and all that rigamarole... but He will do it. As each day passes, it seems that things are getting a tiny bit better. Since having surgery on Tues. morning we have been back to the doc's wed and thur. Why? well she had a temp. of 104.7 and has continued each night with a high fever. I had to stay up with her tues. night for two hours straight putting cool rags all over her body... it was so sad! She just laid there lifeless, even when I put the rag on her she barely moved. The next night was better, I did have to get up with her twice, but for only about 30 min. each time. Still running a high fever we went back into the doc and he changed her antibiotics and said we could use Ibuprofin on her since she had no post op bleeding . Today, Friday, she is finally showing signs of getting better. She actually ate something today (she had lost 2lbs.), she was trying to talk more today than the past two days, and she smiled again! I was afraid we wouldn't see that snaggle-toothed smile ever again! So thank the Lord, she seems to be on the mend. We shall see how she holds up over the weekend... I know that once scott gets over his fever he will be taking all three for a little bit so mommy can get some much needed sleep. All we ask of you is to keep praying for Lilly... we also see the imunologist on June 9th ( Lauren and Poppie's birthday) and the allergist on June 10th. We will update you as those appts come and go. May the Lord Jesus Christ be your comforter today as HE has been mine!

1 comments:

Mari said...

Good grief....memories. I recognize that fish mask...we had one for donovan. I remember sitting up with him night after night and in tears...my baby was sick and I wanted it to go away. I will be praying for you and your sweet lilly.
Luv ya,
Mari
P.S.
Samuel is here he came 4 weeks early. He's doing great.