Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Fireproof!

This afternoon I was all ready to have a cookout with my family on the deck... we've had such awesome weather lately. I had the homemade french fries in the oven, some cauliflour with cheese sauce cookin' and I was about to put the burgers on the grill. Usually Scott is the one to grill but he was playing chess with Eli, and they looked like they were having such a great time I didn't want to impose on the game... so I took my fanny out to fire up the grill... let me tell you something hair is not FIREPROOF! While trying to light the grill it literally flammed up, my head was engulfed in an orange ball of heat... and my hair was burned... now it was literally on fire... but it was singed so badly I had to get my hair cut. Not usually a huge problem because I like a stacked bob... but I had been growing my hair out... and I was able to wear in a pretty substantial pony-tail. NOW IT'S GONE! This is my new hair cut... and now I am growing it AGAIN, so I can get it into beautiful long layers! AAAAHHHH! I'm starting from square one now!
I do have to say, I am very thankful that nothing else happened to me... I am glad that I didn't get a severe burn on my face... Although my right eyebrow is now one tiny straight line because it was singed off! ha ha ha... now I really have no eyebrows!

5 comments:

sarah said...

oh my! leave the grillin' to the men :)! glad you are ok and nothing worse happened!!!

Gabby said...

It looks good...you can't even tell your hair went up in smoke! You look as if you just wanted a short dew again! Hey girl...be glad it wasn't your bangs!!!

Sal said...

Wow...I'm glad your ok...this story will be one to tell the grandkids.

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness! So glad you weren't seriously hurt. I have seen people catch their hair on fire...(on Americas Funniest Home Videos) ;o}-but I have never known anyone who actually done it. Too bad you didn't have the camera rolling huh? Like the new do thought....very cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank God that your hair looks good short! Yes, I agree, leave the grilling to the men...

Also, you definently look like youre losing weight-its showing on your face! Go Christy!!