September 29th of 2007... I was 36 1/2 wks. pregnant. I remember that morning clearly... we were getting ready for church and I was so ready to have a baby! That last month seems like the longest and the most uncomfortable month, so I was praying that Zach would come. I was actually praying that while we were worshiping my water would break and we'd be rushing to the hospital... so that Sunday I was really movin' around! Guess what???? my water didn't break! Later that day we went for a walk around 4:30 in the afternoon and it was during that walk I started to have contractions. I held out until about 8:30 pm and went to the hospital... we were there until about 12:30 and we were sent home because I hadn't dialated enough. The moment they say you are going home Zach pushed into full gear, he really wanted to get into the world. So we go home for 2 1/2 hours... I tell Scott to try and get sleep (hoping in my mind that he would say "no honey, I'll stay up with you and coach you through these contractions") , and so he went to sleep. The contractions were coming harder, remaining longer, and man they were knee buckeling... when it got to the point the contractions were on 15 seconds apart we were now leaving for the hospital again, only this time it was )ctober 1st. Once I got there they didn't even send me to triage, the nurses actually said "we were waiting for you to come back!". Straight to the room I went and an epidural was ordered... Thank the Lord for epidurals! Once that was in place I slept like a baby... until I was checked one last time, they broke my water... and I pushed my son out... all in the matter of about 2 minutes. So the after picture of me, Scott and Zach... I look like I am high because I literally had just woken up... and I take about 30 minutes to wake up!
6:05 am my Ziti was born... I wouldn't have missed it for the world!
I told you ... half asleep!
Awww... daddy and Ziti!
Yes, that is scott... he had a lot more hair then!

Look how little he was... they get big too fast!

Here is my man, 1 year later, gettin' ready for his birthday meal!
Mimi and Poppie bought Ziti a fireman's hat instead of a Tiarra...
... and here's Lilly wearing it, because she screamed loud enough, she wanted to wear the HAT!
Look at that devious face!
Yup, my three beautiful children... they are all so stinkin' cute and photogenic too! That is if I say so!
"Is that whole cake for me.... he he he"

Here it is in action... experiencing his first taste of cake... of sugar in general...
he takes the plunge....

He likes it... Ziti likes it!

He really likes it!

He's just shovin' it all in...

...and some more!

What do you think... fireman?

Is that what he'll be when he grows up?

I think Zach makes a cute fireman... the only thing... when you get older you can't be wearing just a diaper and a firman's hat ... you'll need to be wearing some clothing!

Again, Lilly needs to be in on all the action.. in order to keep her from tearing the hat off of Zach, we took a trip into her room to find her a hat to wear... and some heels... and a couple wands!

What a girl! Always wanting to be the center of attention!

Oh, I love those lips... I just want to kiss them!

Mimi, Poppie and Zach.

TO top the night off, we had some fun times with Carolina and Gustavo...
Gus kept making Zach laugh by blowing rasberries on the back of his neck... just what he needs right before going to bed!
Good night my one year old!
Mommy loves you!
2 comments:
Oh! I just want to squeeze those cute cheeks! Hope he had a great birthday!
happy birthday sweet boy! miss you and love you!!!
Post a Comment