Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

N. Myrtle Beach



This past week my children and I went to N. Myrtle Beach with a friend of mine (Wendy)and her son (Jadon, Lilly's future husband). We had such a great time with them, and we are so thankful for the Reid's to be in our lives again. Jadon, Lilly, Zach and Eli all did such a great job together... we can't wait to vacation with them again!




Anyway, Once we got to the house we unpacked and immediately got the kids in their suits and took them to the water... man, they were ready to get some energy out! The house we stayed in was two blocks away from the beach so we walked there everyday... it was a great workout pulling strollers through the thick sand... it built up our REARS! I was worth every step in the sand... especially to see the kids having such a great time... and oh the view... God's creation never ceases to amaze me! How can someone look at a picture like this and think that there isn't a God who Created all of this Wonder?




Eli is mister action... it didn't matter what the water temperature was, he was in it and havin' a blast doing what he does best... PLAYING!





At first Lilly wouldn't let go of my hand, she wasn't sure of the water and it coming at her... but after her brother was all over the place she wanted to be right out there with him, doing what he was doing. NO, I didn't let her boogie board... but she wanted to be pretty independent of me after her initial hesitantcy. Then a big wave came and knocked her over... needless to say she was ready to be in mommy's arms . I held her for a little bit, but I then made her get back into the water so she wouldn't fear it... she held onto my hand the rest of that day, but still wanted to be in that water! All of my babies are water babies...





...although, Zach didn't like the water. He loves his bath water... he loves his pool water... he even loves Aunt Sa and Uncle Josh's river water in PA... but the ocean water .... NOPE! At least not yet, maybe one day he'll grow to love it. For now he stayed on the sand, eating the sand and everything else that goes along with it! I thought, after one mouthfull he'll be done... NO, not Zach.. he's got a stomach made of Steele! Let me just say that he bottom was very raw from all the sand that came out that end!





Jadon, well he wasn't as brave as Lilly was with getting in the water as deep, but he stayed right at the edge making sand castles and filling his bucket with water the whole time. He also like to run in the shallow part, making splashes all over the place. That kid is so adorable, I just love 'em!



They loved to get bundled all up and sit together... after getting out of the water there, the wind made them so cold... Lilly's feet, hands and lips turned purple!





After the beach we went home to clean up, have a snack and then head to the park. We talked with a local and she pointed us to a park called McClain Park... it was great gor the kids. That is what we did in the afternoons instead of the kids getting sandy again and having to take another bath, although I don't think they would have minded... all of the kids love to take baths.

Eli and Lilly loved the tub with the jets (above) and they snacked on a bakery cookie that I bought them all (below)

This Park, it had some really awesome and different jungle gym equipment... stuff I have never seen before. The kids loved it... that part had rubber all under it... then there was a part that was filled with sand... and the other part of the park was a pond where you could feed ducks, catfish, and turtles.

My Irish Twins... they had fun in the swing like this... they couldn't stop laughing!


Zachwas even trying to climb everything at the park... he's gettin' so big!


And this little one is our monkey... just like daddy!




Every picture we took the little ones had to yell... and I mean YELL...

CHEESE!


Finally the weekend came and the Daddy's were able to join us. Wendy and I were so glad to have them help us out... because at this point we were just wiped out! Plus we had been missing our hubbies! I have to say a week apart here and there is very healthy for the relationship... it makes you appreciate your mate so much more. And let me just add, the kids had been missing their daddy's ... all week we heard " I want my daddy"!



Daddy's girls!


4 comments:

Tracy said...

I am so jealous! I love the beach and am due a good vacation to one! Love the pictures...too sweet!

Tracy said...

Would you be interested in choosing the theme for this weeks Foto Friday? If so, let me know by commenting on my blog....if not, please let me know too. ;o}

sarah said...

looks like fun! wish we could have gone. just give the stuff to mom, she comes up tomorrow. love you.

Sal said...

FUN!! I love the beach...glad you had fun. Cute pics
How is lilly and the pox?