Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, August 29, 2008

What kind of Cookie are you?

Assume the position! Yeah, Lilly too. Whatever Eli does she has to do also!
VA mom, look closely... we have a laundry basket in there for ya!
This will only create more bonding...
and that I am more than ok with!

For Eli's 7th birthday we decided it was time to get him some kind of video game station. Believe me, there has been much nagging from our boy, so we got a nintendo 64. We have had some talks about the importance of balancing our time, and time managment when it comes to playing. SO far things have been going really well... the station came with three
hand held controllers, and one of them wasn't working correctly... so that is the one Lilly sits with while he is playing. She thinks that she is playing along with him, you should hear and see her doing it. She gets so excited! Since we have allowed her to hold one of the controllers... she thinks it is time to play all the time. We have had many time-outs because of it. She tends to throw fits when she doesn't get her way... lots of prayer is going up to the Lord on her behalf. I am praying the Lord replaces her stubborness with a heart that is quiet and gentle. As I write I laugh at the thought of Lilly being quiet and gentle. I know the Lord can do anything, but I am not sure her attitude is going to change... I think the Lord is going to teach me much about myself with this one... and in turn is going to do much changing within me. So I guess I must pray more for the Lord to guide me as I teach her, to open my eyes to what HE has me to learn from her, and to open my heart to change. If you know me at all... change is not easy with me. I am a tough cookie, I pray the Lord would make me a soft cookie through it all, cause soft cookies are so much better !!!! If Lilly sees that her mommy is ready and willing to change, then maybe she will be an easier one with change. We shall see what is to come! So what kind of cookie are you?

2 comments:

Mari said...

I totally understand!!! I have and am learning so much from my kids!!

Jen said...

Wow, you everytime I read your blog your writing reminds me so much of the way mom writes!! I love reading your blog when I have time and I'm always blessed by what you write. Maybe you need to be a writer?? Along with being a full-time mom, hairdresser, and singer?? Eli is looking so much like a big boy everytime I see him in pictures. I'm so glad you got him a game station too!! Love you!! Jen