Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Swingsets and Life Lessons

Ok, our swingset that we had for the kids was absolutely delapodated. There was a part that was cracked right over the swing itself... and the fort part was so unsteardy(sp?) that when one person was on it... or one kid I should say... it shook! So the kids have been banned from it for a while now... but this past weekend... we scrounged up the money to get a new swingset (that is new to us... we purchased it off of craigslist.org) and here it is! Scott and I put it up just two days ago now. That was a challenge! The fort part was very heavy and it was only the two of us doing it. At first it seemed as if it was going to take us a while... I tried to flow and follow Scott as he was pulling and I was pushin... but it didn't happen too easily. It felt as if we were working against each other...and we were. I would try to figure out what way he was pulling and once I did he would switch sides and we'd be working against each other. In my head I was YELLING... we need to communicate and it's not happening! I, with a bit of frustration in my voice but not loudly or harshly said " honey I need to know what way you are going to pull so that I can push in the right direction... we NEED to communicate. COMMUNICATION... COMMUNICATION! We laughed and from there on Scott would say what way he'd pull and count to three. From there it only took us a few pushes and pulls to get that baby into place. Then it dawned on me... that translates into our lives (and maybe yours too) so easily we get caught up in the moment, we think that we are communicating well... when in actuality we are working against one another. The Lord kept reminding... "christy, you are one with Scott. I have made it so, and therefore you need to work as one unit. Communicate with each other, open your mouth and say what way do I need to go... instead of getting frustrated about it. Just as the body works as a unit you also must work as a unit. " My reply to that was... "ok, ok... I'll do what you tell me to do. I will work with him instead of against him." Now, just so you understand me correctly... I don't purposfully work against my husband... it just sometimes happens when we aren't communicating well. I love Scott more than anyone... and anything (other than the Lord that is), he truely is a gift from the Lord. Scott you are my best friend and I love, and appreciate all that you do for me and for our family. Thanks for all of your hard work! You da BEST! Hence, my life lesson this week... or one of the thousands that is!

2 comments:

sarah said...

that looks like a fun swingset - and that is a great lesson for us all!
wish you could come up again too! take it easy and dont hurt those knees. i am walking on the treadmill so that i will build up slowly to run and be able to run with my friend. i didn't make the squash yet, i am waiting on picking 3 more this week that are almost ready to make this recipe my m-i-l has. ill let you know how they turn out.

Tracy said...

Oh boy...looks like fun (NOT) I find it better to let my dh work on those projects by himself...he doesn't read to directions ;o}