Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New life


Over the past couple weeks, Scott and I have been doing a lot around our property. We have made a garden, we have weeded, laid down mulch (with the help of Mimi, Poppie, Lediane, and Diego) and we put up a bird feeder. That has been so much fun for the kids and I. We will stand in the kitchen and look out the french doors to watch the birds eat the seeds. Zach likes to bang on the door and scare them away... which gets Lilly laughing and screaming at the top of her lungs! So, lately because of all the noise the birds haven't been coming around to the feeder as much... There have only been these two gray birds that have been around. I thought, man it would have been nice if some of the robins or the cardinals would have stayed instead of these gray birds... they're just not as pretty to look at. Then as I was watching this one gray bird for about an hour one day (while the kids were sleeping I was on the porch swing reading and watching the bird) I realized that the bird had been building a nest. I took a peak when the bird was gone... and the nest was about halfway finished... then a couple days later... this is what I found....


(the number of eggs since yesterday have increased to 3, wonder if there will be any more)

Isn't that the coolest thing? The reason why the other birds weren't coming around was because these two gray birds are guarding their nest with the two eggs in it. They were just protecting what will become new life here in just a few weeks I suppose. I think I am going to do a search to see what kind of bird it is and how long it takes for the eggs to hatch. Soon we will hear the little chirps of baby birds... and they are right outside Lilly's window... Hopefully she won't be woken by the chirping sounds too early in the morning! :) The kids can't wait to see the little ones hatch, and honestly I can't wait either!


The picture below is the window to Lilly's room and the tree that houses the nest.




Now I know these pictures have nothing to do with the New life that is going to spring forth in the nest soon... but I can't ever resist taking photo ops with my little ones! You can't ever pass up the "I'm in the middle of throwing a tantrum" cry!


This picture is a little blurry becuase he was on the porch swing... but I thought it was adorable anyway.




Look closely people, you may not see many of these... Lilly doesn't have her fingers in her mouth... and she isn't saying cheese! Ya wanna know how I got such a great picture of her? I was asking her 'where is Eli' and she would say 'over there' and look back at me like that! Can't you just see the love in her eyes and the sweet smile on her face? This sweet countenance is due to the love she has for her brother... it melts my heart!

They love to give kisses to each other when they are hurt... As you can see Zach has the 'boo-boo bunny' in his hand.


Awwweee... kisses!

3 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

Sweet pictures. I love your beautiful daughter's expression.

Praying for you and your friends.

Thank you for praying for Abby.

Michelle

RiggsFamilyBlog.com

Christy said...

Thanks Michelle. I follow the riggs family blog and pray for abby and your family all the time. I am so happy that she is doing well... and that her porqupine hair is coming back in! Ha, I thought that was so cute... that she calls her hair P's . Please give her a big hug for the Tennyson family... we are so excited that she is doing so well.

Mari said...

Cute pics! They are getting so big!