Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Roaring Rapids!

Fhew, we made it!Eli wouldn't let go... and he is one who always lets go!
Belly, belly!


Every morning she would get up, go out onto the porch, and grab the tube... she wanted to get into the water!

Eli found a Rock that looked like a hand gun... Those boys and their guns... what is it about guns?

Even Mim's was in the freezing cold water... what grandparents won't do for their grandchildren!



Just about every day while we were up in PA we went to the creek that runs along the back of Josh and Sa's house. The kids loved it (including our little ones Abby and Zach). Well one night there had been a lot of rain which made the creek have a very strong current. Let me tell you it was strong... as you can see, I am fully wet. That current Eli rode in a tube, but one time he tried sitting in the tube and it tipped him over and pulled him under the water... he was very mad at the water for doing that! I think he was more scared than mad, but he said that was his feeling towards the whole thing. Well right after Eli gets pulled under... I got pulled under as well... and there was a part of the creek where I couldn't touch the bottom... so only my head was bobbing out of the water... Sa, Mom and myself got a good laugh at that. Eli, well he was trying to keep a straight face because he was still mad at the water! Lilly, she didn't want for me to hold her at all... that independence thing... but she slipped a couple times and learned her lesson. From then on she wanted someone to hold her hand... or she also wanted to ride the rapids! I am tellin' ya, Lilly is going to be just as much of a thrill seeker as Eli... if not more! AAAAAHHHHHH! She screamed at the top of her lungs out of pure excitement, every time she rode the rapids! Us adults just laughed the whole time... what good medicine. I love family time... we have such a great time together.



Just Splashin' Away!
Playin' with the stones... Ah, those smooth stones.
Zach's thoughts are...
" Next, I am going to take the smooth stone and put it in my mouth... I don't care how much moss and green stuff is on it!"

Abby, not so much... she was smarter and just threw the stones!

" I'm gonna sneak my hand and touch yours, because I am SLY..."

"No you're not... remember I can move and you can't... nanny, nanny, poo, poo!

1 comments:

Mari said...

Looks like you guys had agreat time! I love the pictures!!!!!