Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Crowders Mtn.

Well this was our labor day outing as a family. We decided to hike up crowders mtn. even with the two little ones. What a time we had! Zach did an amazing job, he didn't cry once! He just liked to pull my hair out of the pony tail I had it in, and he liked chewing on mommy's hair... so excused the pictures... my hair was all over the place! Lilly, she walked for about half the time... and the other half daddy carried her. Eli, he was the man! That kid has more energy than I know what to do with, he made it up with ease. There was one time the walk was pretty steep, he stopped and said "Mom, I don't think I can make it..." I said, " I know you can!" that is all he needed and he was on his way. It was such a great time to be a family, work together, and encourage one another. I love being out in God's creation... Eli and I had a couple talks about the Lord and how Mighty He is... How strong He is... and how Creative He is. What an awesome imagination the Lord has... all the different kinds of trees, bugs, leaves, rocks, colors, people he made... I love to take it all in.




This was the start of the trip... before our calves were acheing and sweat was dripping!

excuse my backside... normally it won't get into the blog... but I love to see the beautiful relationship I have with my children... thank you Lord for this gift!

I was a bit worn out at this point... and I get really red-faced and over heated... all of us sisters do when we are working out and getting our heart rate moving. STINKS FOR US!

Man, what a hot daddy! I don't know how I scored him, but I did... I just thank the Lord every day for him... not only cause he is HOT, but because he is such a great father, he is such a hard worker, and because he takes the time to love me... despite my shortcomings! Thanks Honey... you ROCK!
I don't know if you can tell... but this is rock that they are sitting on, and it is pretty steep... Lilly couldn't stay on without Scott holding onto her.
We had finally made it to the top of Crowders... Man I was dripping sweat... and I had an extra 30 lbs. on my back to help me out. It was a great workout... I recommend it to everyone... the view is breath taking also... although this day it was a bit hazy from the humidity.

Here are the kids eating ham and cheese sandwiches and home made trail mix. Lilly only wanted the m&m's we put in ... so we had to start giving her small handfuls instead of her just reaching in to the bag!
Up at the top... Zach is wanting to say "Yeah, we made it... UUHHH!" I was thinking... "Scott, don't get too close to that edge... I can't catch you!"

Me and My Girl!


Best Buds!



Yeah, only 12 months between the two! AAAAAAAHHH!



Chillin' on the edge!



Ho, hum, just strollin' down the mountain...

hand in my pocket, holdin' onto daddy's finger.. not a care in the world!




We made it with no injuries!


walking down the 313 stairs....



My munchkins!


Wow, look at that scenery... God's handiwork!
And two out of my three boys :)


Lilly takin' a ride on daddy's shoulders!


She had the time of her life... many scretches, and much laughter! This is what happens on the way home...
pooped!

3 comments:

Gabby said...

yeah...Our faces where that red this morning!...at least mine was!

Christy said...

I know it... I am so sorry about your toe! You'll have to tape it up on friday so we can get our faces all red again!

Mari said...

Looks like you had fun!