As many of you know, our sweet Eli was diagnosed with ADHD as of winter last year. This is such a struggle for us, we tried basically all we could with other things... diet and limited sugar and all that. Nothing worked for us, and his attention was really hindering him from making friends and getting his class work done. Well, Praise the Lord, this year so far he is doing acceptionally well considering. We do now have him on medicine and that has really worked for us. We are so thankful that we found the right medicine as fast as we did. As children grow the medicine many times isn't as effective because it has much more area to cover... and that, I believe, is what is happening with Eli. Here in the last three weeks he has really shot up in height (YEAH), but at the same time we are seeing that he is starting to be really distracted again and he is also not able to stay on task. We have had many notes home from the teacher, and this is such a concern for us. We have tried so many different things, and I am so reluctant to up his dosage in medicine, quit frankly I HATE medicine! I have been praying for him, consistently, but I do this for all my children. The other day he came home from school and said "Mom, it has been really hard for me lately, I can't focus at all." As any mother, my heart sank and I wanted to break down and cry right there... no mother wants to see her child struggle with any kind of disease or mental disability.
"Lord, what do I do... I can't do anything more for my child. I can't take this from him." and as I was praying the Lord laid it on my heart....
"christy, you have prayed for him... yes. Have you prayed over him? Have you approached me in a manor of BELIEF? Have you approached me as the HEALER?
"No, Lord, I haven't... I will."
I proceeded to pray something to this effect....
"Lord, you know my son, you know him so intricately. You have knit him together in my womb, you have so delicately woven his brain together. You know what he struggles with because you have made him. You know that he can't focus easily.... I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE you can take this from him. I BELIEVE you can HEAL him. I BELIEVE you can make all of his neurons and dendrites... all his brain activity work together for school... I BELIEVE you know what he needs. Please wash over him today at school."
mind you, we were in the car on our way to school when I prayed this prayer. This is a daily routine we have as soon as we leave our driveway in the morning... but has never been a prayer to cover him... so I actually stopped and laid my hands on him while we prayed over him. Side note: some of you reading may not understand what I am meaning when I say this... putting my hands on him is just a physical way to let Eli know I love him, and a way for us to be more closely connected.
When I picked him up that afternoon he ran to me... "MOM, I didn't get any sad faces today... GOD answered our prayer!"
Wow, what an awesome God we serve... one that is so quick to listen and quick to respond to us... to a little 7 year old boy who knows of this God we speak of ... but hasn't really seen Him move so quickly... except for one other time... that's another story for a later date.
So, we are now praying over him every morning before school... why? Because we know the Lord is going to move, we BELIEVE the Lord will HEAL Eli's brain, even if it is temporarily throughout the school day. so I ask, I petition all of you reading this blog... please if you think of Eli at all throughout your day... pray for him and pray over his brain activity... that it would function the way it should while at school. I know our God is GREAT, He is the ultimate HEALER... and He is capable to HEAL Eli in the blink of His eye... whether He will , we don't know and that is ok. This could be the thorn in the flesh for Eli, and as he gets older he can use it to Glorify the name of the Lord... I am sure this is going to be a huge part of Eli's testimony when he gets older. And what a testimony that is going to be... I can't wait to hear it!
This has been and continues to be our "mountain". What mountain's do you have in your life right now? Give it all the our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, He is able even when we are not. He knows what you are going through... and it is nothing too small or too big for Him to take care of... He just wants us to give it all over to Him... He is waiting for us to open our hands up and release it all into His loving, serving, giving hands. Those hands that were nailed to a cross for you and me... those hands that HEALED the sick and lame, those hands that worked so hard as a carpenter... they labored in love for us... those hands that were open to the poor, and to the broken... you and me. Will you open your hands up today and give Him your "mountain" with me?

5 comments:
I will keep Eli in my prayers. I do not have a child with AADHD, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling and the struggles that he has daily. Amen....He is the ultimate healer, take comfort in the fact that there is no limit to what God can do...and will do. ;o} (you made me laugh with the 'laying on hands' explanation- too funny)
This post brought tears to my eyes....I love that God answers prayers for our children so quickly some times. It reminds me how much He loves them and wants to show Himself to them...Faith builders! This post brought tears to my eyes...I love that you were blessed with that memory of Eli's excitement at the end of the day...that God had heard him and answered him....what a gift. Thank you Jesus for loving our children more than we do ourselves!
Love ya,
Mari
christy,
Hey girl, just wanted you to know that I did ask Dustin about meeting and he said that would be good. Get me his number and we can start from there. Excited to see what God is going to do
Hey girl....I'm sorry I haven't called...I will. It has been so crazy busy the last couple of weeks with starting school and swimming...But I will call...
Love ya,
Mari
Yeah, I definately cried my eyes out reading this one! I feel like Eli is like another son to me sometimes! He has such a sweet heart. Thanks for sharing this. I will keep praying over him. Love you!
Post a Comment