This past weekend, my in-laws were in town... and it seems that every time they are here we come up with more and more projects to do together. This time it was fixing up our outside flower beds, can you imagine that! If you know anything about my father-in-law, it is that he loves to plant and do yard work.

I have been watching my flower beds and I had lamb's ear planted all along the front of my bed... well lamb's ear spreads like crazy and being that I don't have much time to be out in the garden containing the lamb's ear I decided to take it out. What we planted instead are some bushes that you can't really see in the picture due to the fact the mulch is dark and blends with the bushes. They are a cranberry color, and then we planted low growing ground coverings in front that are light green and pink.
We also bought some red Gerber daisies, which really gave a nice pop of color against the brick and our white front door. Sarah, I know you appreciate those! I think they are some of my favorite flowers also!
We also filled in the bird bath with some ivy and purple mums. After the planting was through we laid down mulch to finish it all off, and what a difference a little bit of mulch makes. Thanks to my in-laws for all this time and work... my father-in-law and myself stayed in the front doing the flower beds, while Scott was in the back putting up more bracing for the gate he installed in the spring. It was a weekend of many projects, so I was not able to take pictures of the kids with their grandparents.

1 comments:
LOOKS GREAT!
Post a Comment