Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Merry Christmas?

YUP... Merry Christmas! I know it's a little early to be saying those words, but this year we will be at my in-laws for Thanksgiving... and our family tradition is to get the tree the day after. Well we didn't have huge plans for Saturday, so we decided to gear up for Christmas. We went to lowes (which has great trees at a great price) and got the pick of the litter! I am tellin' ya, we may do this each year because it wasn't slim pickin'. The tree we got is full and beautiful. The kids had a blast decorating the house yesterday... we played Christmas music, we had a fire going all day, and we hung lights and ornaments. Lilly did an awesome job... she wanted to help put all the ornaments on the tree, I was afraid she'd want to take them all down and play with them. NOPE!
Eli, well he's a pro at this point... He loves doing the tree, but hates doing all the other decorations...
I guess that is why the Lord gave me a little girl that wants to do everything mommy is doing! She is my little angel... this girl makes everything that much more exciting. This morning when she woke up and saw the tree again... she said "that Christmas tree is nice"! Scott and I couldn't believe she said that... but she did, Praise the Lord! His hand is on our children!
Zach, well this is going to be a tough one... he was trying out the pine needles, and the fake candy canes, and anything else he could get his grubby paws on! I am tellin' ya this boy is just as curious as Scott was as a baby... maybe even more curious. I am in for it once this child starts walking... "GOD HELP" is going to be my cry every day! That look, yeah, he's always giving that one to me... "what did I do? It wasn't me!"
I have to say I was a bit anxious about doing the Christmas decorating this year... because we have Eli and Lilly who like to push each others buttons, we have Zach who like I said, gets into everything. God was all over our day, He was in our midst, we enjoyed each other so much yesterday, what a blessing it was! Thank you Lord for our family, for your blessings you have placed in our lives, for YOUR LOVE that was poured over us yesterday... His loved spilled out from each of our hearts into each others lives... I LOVE IT!



With these two... it's hands on "I LOVE YOU" or hands on "HOW CAN I MAKE YOU SCREAM"!
Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Mari said...

cute pictures...I want my tree too!!

Gabby said...

wow...already...you go girl! I'm not ready for pine needles everywhere...give me 2 more weeks...December I should be ready!

Jen said...

Awesome decorations!! Wow, you have beat us all!! My boys would be jealous!! Especially josh since he's all about helping to decorate the whole home. See you in a few days!! Love you!

joe erin and molly winkels said...

Hi Christy - thank you for the note of encouragement, and you are right - by the end of today i was ready to whine with her - and of course she only wants mommy... but i think she is starting to feel better because she is starting to get smart with me, which is my old molly!
love the picture of you and the kids by the way - they are beautiful! have a great rest of the week!
e