Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving


Here we are in Newport News, VA. We had a great Thanksgiving celebration yesterday with the Blot family (Ma-in-law's side). We had about 15 -17 people total... I can't quit remember. Yeah, I know it was only yesterday, but I was worn out from doing a lot of cooking and running around. It started with Aunt Sandy and Eli doing a project before everyone got here. They made place settings/name tags for everyone. Eli and Aunt Sandy went gallivanting through the backyard to pick out just the right leaves. Then they wrote each persons name on a leaf and laminated each one. They came out so wonderfully... and those two had a blast doing it together. Eli really loves spending time with his Aunt Sandy, and I must say she is AWESOME with the kids! Then 1pm came and people started arriving for the finger foods first. Then we ate lunch/dinner around 3pm. After we ate, Eli , Mr. Mike, Aunt Sandy, Daddy, Mommy, Lilly and Zach all went outside for some football tossing. Then after we were frozen to the core, we came in for some family singing. We are so blessed to have spent our day with family... and Aunt Sandy, thanks for all your help with the kids! You Rock!

Eli and Aunt Sandy



Working on their project




Hard at work!



Enjoying her pumpkin pie and Apple struessel.


Aunt Kathy and Ziti!


Aunt Sandy and Doodlebugs!

0 comments: