Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Warriors and Warbirds

This weekend, in light of Veterans Day this tuesday, our local airport had an airshow called "Warriors and Warbirds". All types of war planes were there... some that actually flew in the many wars we have had over the last century. It was a great way for the kids to enjoy the fresh air, and to experience some of history. The kids had a blast because they were able to get up into some of the aircrafts and tanks. Lilly kept saying she wanted to have a ride (which meant she wanted to get up into the planes), some were off limits and she didn't like that all too much! Could you imagine, Lilly not wanting to conform to rules! HA ha! We were there for a couple hours with some friends, which was fun also.
(Below)This was an aircraft that had some kind of fire breathing dragon on the front of it... the painting was absolutely amazing! Eli was awe struck... Eyes as big and wide open as his mouth!
(Above) again, just amazing artistry on this aircraft... the work was so detailed.
(below) Eli and Lilly sitting inside of one of the helicopters that flew overseas.
(below) Eli was standing in a old school tank... trying to stick his head out of the peep hole, he wasn't quit tall enough yet... maybe next year! We couldn't believe how small it actually was inside this tank... not much room and I am sure there were many men that had to fit inside. Maybe a Pilot is in his future... he said that he would like to fly old planes, but only to give kids rides in them! :)




There was also a climbing wall that Eli wanted to try and conquer. He did a great job climbing... he made it about half way up, but noone was really trying to coach him on what to do next... and he just didn't know where to go, so he decided to climb back down. I am sure this will not be the last time he tries to do a climbing wall... and I am also sure that this won't be the only kind of wall he will try climbing... I think he'll try to scale some real Rock walls once he gets a little bit older.I can't wait to see that happen, maybe if I get into shape by then we'll be able to do it together!

At the end of the day there was an airshow called Tora! Tora! Tora!... more on that to come!


4 comments:

Gabby said...

Christy-
we went also...had a great time...the boys had a blast! Eli looks like enjoyed himself too. The bombers were amazing! It looks like you guys had a great family day. Your pictures came out great! of course I forgot my camera...o'well
~G

Christy said...

Hey Gab,
What day did you guys go? Yeah, amazing stuff... I wish I had an awesome camera so the pictures would have come out better for the flying pictures... I am going to post those soon. I miss talking with ya, call me... I'd love to try and walk tomorrow if you would like to. I have been walking with my mother in the afternoons since you and I haven't done it. Are you keeping up? Let's get together soon.

Tabitha Blue said...

What a great event to celebrate Veteran's day!! Looks like a blast.. and even rock climbing. I'm sure they loved it :)

sarah said...

wow, that looks so fun! Will would have loved it too. nice pictures. i would love to see a new pic of zac close up :) to see how he's changing. can't wait to see you all... only 2 1/2 weeks!