Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our wednesday night...






Well after dinner tonight we all were able to relax, unwind, and sit by the fire. I thought I was going to be the first one to get over there, but Lilly and Eli beat me to it. They were both sitting in front of the fire reading. Well Eli was reading, Lilly.. no she's not that smart... I don't have a two year old reading... although that would be pretty amazing! Eli loves to sit down with books... especially now that we have a fire going just about every night. Lilly, she is starting to take on a love for books also... she likes to sit down with them, look at the pictures and point to something specific and say the word(if she knows it).
Then, as we were finishing up our reading as a family... we were getting ready to pray and all the kids wanted to get onto Daddy's lap... What great memories... what an awesome time we have right now with the kids. They aren't always going to want to be on daddy's lap, or each others for that matter. I am just so glad that Eli hasn't stopped wanting to do that yet. As much as he is independent, he loves to be loved on. I hope that never goes away.
Thank you Lord for this time we get with our family every night... we are so grateful that we have each other... let us not take this time for granted... may we always cherish these moments.

3 comments:

Gabby said...

Don't you love your fireplace!!!We have had a fire everynight this week...LOVE IT!...Stay warm

Christy said...

I'm sorry to hear that Anthony is sick... hope he gets better quickly... I will be praying that you don't get it in time for thanksgiving. What are you guys doing for Turkey day?

Gabby said...

Bobby was sick! Girl, it was coming out of both ends...Gross!