Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Bald Head Island Christmas







Bald Head Island... How can I describe it? Beautiful... Peaceful... Serene... Amazing... Fun... Quiet... That is until we pull up to the house we are staying in, unload the tram, and step in... from there it's utter chaos! Good chaos, but chaos non-the-less! Imagine 8 Adults and 8 grandchildren, all under one roof. It was non stop action from the time the kids got up until the kids went to bed! All of us adults were worn out at the end of each day! The three middle children (Will, Lauren, and Lilly) all had such a great time together. They got along really well together. The first night the kids sang and danced together, they played ring around the rosie, and they made a train with each other that quickly disintegrated! Here are the pics to follow...
This is the train that the mid's made together....


This is what happened when will, the crazy man, started going too fast... Lauren stopped, Lilly held on for dear life and couldn't stop laughing!

Then it was on to ring around the rosie... here is Lauren explaining to Lilly that she "almost got hit in the head by Will when they all fell to the ground". Lauren is so funny, she is a little mommy... very articulate and knows what she is feeling and how to express her feelings. I am amazed at how much this little girl knows at such a young age... I mean, she seems years older than Lilly... You can ask Lilly if she is tired... she'll say yes... immediately following you can ask her if she is sad... she'll say yes... just to say yes... she has no clue. Lauren, you can ask her "how are you feeling?"... and she will tell you "I am good, but I want to sit down right now!"
AMAZING!
she's just such a bright child.



"THE MID'S" in their PJ's chillin' with Aunt Jen!

Sweet times.

These picutres following are of us just hangin' out as a family.


Lauren, trying to hold Lilly! Mind you, they are only 3 months apart!

Mimi and Zach



Uncle Shaun, Josh, and Lilly... she really warmed up to Uncle Shaun, usually she is really shy around men.


Uncle Shaun, Zach, and Josh... and Scott's leg!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading all of your comments on your Christmas in NC, I was so emotional because its so awesome to see how big the family has gottne and how much you enjoy each other. the kids are getting so big and are able to really grow up together-which is just like us when we were younger. I hope that kelly gets on with the having kids because I want my baby to have cousins to grow up with around his or her same age!! Im just so happy for you guys and so blessed from reading about your holidays!! I actually get really excited to have the possibilit of enjoying times like this with my own family.

Love you!!