Since we were going away for Christmas this year with my family(steffens'), our family opened stocking stuffers before we left for Bald Head Island. The kids were surprised and excited that they would be able to open anything before going, because we originally planned on opening all our gifts once we got back. So shouts of joy started early, and the running throughout the house didn't stop until we opened the stuffers. I have to say I love to hear the kids get so excited, it great to hear and even more fun to watch! Smiles from cheek to cheek, sparkles in their eyes... it just so much fun!

Each of the stockings that the kids have were made by my VA mom... so they are each one of a kind... handcrafted, and beautifully made. I love each one of them! Zach's is made from all different ties of G-pa T's!
Lilly's is absolutely beautiful... it is made with a wine red velvet, off white satin, and the lace from part of my great-grandmother-in-laws wedding gown.
And Eli's is oh so special... it was made out of denim, and felt.... but as you can see she took so much time crafting this one... she made the manger scene with baby Jesus. It is so awesome... I think that is Lilly's favorite one! She always has to touch it and say all the animals names.
Lilly and Eli really enjoyed themselves, and were very good with sharing. This year it was a blast to see Lilly opening gifts... she finally got the hang of it and OOOOed and AAAAHHHed over everything! One of the stuffers she received was mittens... and this is what she did with them...
Here's my monkey! after she wore them on her hands for all of two seconds... she put them on her feet as socks (because scott got me a pair of fuzzy Christmas socks)... I couldn't resist taking the picture! Scott said that we needed to have gotten her a second pair so she could get down on all fours as our little monkey!And here is Zach opening gifts... with my assistance of course!

Was he interested in the gift? NO! He wanted to eat the wrapping paper! I am telling you this child has an obsession with putting things in his mouth!


0 comments:
Post a Comment