Christmas morning was a bit hectic... all the kids wanting to open gifts... and yet we managed to eat breakfast first... and wait until about 9:30 before doing so. We started off reading the account of Jesus' birth out of Luke 2, as we always do, except this year it was out of the kids "message" version... just a bit different than usual! Poppie had all the kids surrounding him, some on his lap, and the adults scattered abroad. I can't thank the Lord enough for giving us a family like ours... we are all believers, we all enjoy family, and we all cherish our children. Blessed is what we are!

Love the glasses, that really makes my dad look like a grandpa!
Then the kids started opening gifts... and it went down hill from there... I don't know that I even saw Eli open his gifts... Scott got the picture! There was tearing of paper, then it flying through the air... I was too busy trying to keep Lilly and Zach out of everyone else's gifts. I have to say, I like order when it comes to opening gifts so I can take it all in and see each child get excited. SO I do feel as if I missed out on a lot of the excitement there... oh well, there's always next time, right?
Eli, opening his gifts from Aunt Jen, Uncle Shaun, Caleb, Josh, and Lauren...
Lilly, opening her gifts from Aunt Sarah, Uncle Josh, Will, Abby, and little G!

Will, opening his tow truck... hope you like it buddy!

Eli, with his Lego set that Mimi and Poppie got him.
After the gifts were opened, and the kids were down for a nap... the boys all went fishing. Eli and Scott had a great time as father and son. Scott, you are a good man for going fishing so much... I know you don't like it all that much! Eli was the first one to catch anything... and it was a fish, let me tell ya... it was HUGE!



Just kidding! the camera was only a couple inches away from the fish that Eli was holding out in front of him... so it looks just about as big as Eli! This fish was a bait fish... but, he loved it anyway!The next day, we all went down to the beach to get some shots of the kids together... it turned out really great... the weather was awesome... little bit cold that day for the kids to be out without jackets... but we deal in order to get the pics... right? Well, not all of them were too happy about being outside in the cold... I think all of them except for my Eli, because nothing phases that child! You would sware that he is Scott's biological son, because he would have been wearing shorts and a t-shirt if it had been up to him.
From Left to right... Caleb, Lauren, Josh, Lilly, Eli, Zach, Will and Abby.
From Left to right... Caleb, Lauren, Josh, Lilly, Eli, Zach, Will and Abby.




1 comments:
great pictures....I'm glad you guys had a good time.
Post a Comment