These are random pictures of the past... yeah... memory lane. They don't date any further back the 4 years solely because I don't have a scanner... one day I will get one and will be able to post some really silly pictures, and some pictures when Eli was born also... until then you'll have to wait for the really funny ones...
This is when Scott and I first met... and started dating.For picture below... there is a story behind it. My Pops had told me early on in our relationship that he had talked with the Lord and knew that this 'guy' I was dating was the man I was going to marry. I so badly wanted Scott to meet my pops, he was truely one of the greatest men to ever walk this earth, kind, compassionate, giving, and just love! You could see it in his soft, blue eyes... love always shone through them. Can you tell I still miss him beyond words? Well this was supposed to be the trip we took together for my Pops and Gram to meet my 'guy'. The last conversation we had was about us coming down, we had just booked our flight for january of '05... he said to me " I am going to hold on until you come, that gives me something to hang on for..." not even two minutes later I received the phone call from my Gram saying he had gone from this world into the arms of Jesus... All I could say in utter disbelief was "you are kidding" I just couldn't wrap my brain around that thought... I know if probably made my Gram upset... but I just seriously couldn't believe it... anyway, this is not to be a sob story, just to tell you that...
...This was our first trip to Florida to meet Pops, instead we went to be of some comfort for Gram. It was good for me, it gave me some closure... but it is still not the same every time we are there... We had fun anyway, and enjoyed to pool in January!
This was just after we had Zach... and this time Scott's hair was I believe longer than mine! ha... it was the end of that week that I cut it to what it is now... Thank the LORD! :)
And, my lil' Eli... riding his trusty John Deere ... we finally retired that tractor the end of last year... holes in the tires and almost faded to white! it no longer worked. This is one of the youngest photos I have of Eli with my digital camera... sorry!

3 comments:
so sweet! you put tears in my eyes looking at your pics and reading your stories.
thanks for the comments you have left on my blog! i truly appreciate you leaving them. i am trying to get better at leaving comments on the blogs i read too!
i promise i haven't forgotten about us getting together. we do have a lot to catch up on!!!
yeah tear jerker! love you. talk to you soon. ill post a belly pic in a couple weeks. when i hit 7 months.
Stopped over from Tracy's site...wanted to check out your pic for Foto Friday.
I see you have an Eli, too!
Is it Eli or Elijah?
My son is Elijah Nathaniel
Post a Comment