So this week has been a light one for me... I have barely been on the computer because I have been so sick. Actually the whole family (except for Eli... praise the Lord) has been sick. We have had a combination of the flu and strep throat... it hasn't been fun at all. Scott is never one to stay home from work, he usually works even with a fever... but this thing has totally wiped all of us out, that Scott stayed home from work not only 1... but 2 days this week. Let me just say a few things....
1. I usually will not post pictures that look this bad, but I wanted everyone to get a glimpse into our week... this was taken today, we have all felt the best today! pretty pathetic, huh?
2. I literally don't have much to say... my throat is so bad that I can't talk. It hurts to talk, so I have been whispering. I have felt a little odd, but it has helped my children in knowing that they really have to tune in to me. When I whisper to Lilly, she whispers back! it's so cute :) This whole no voice thing also makes us enforce the rules immediately... after the first time we say no... the second is a spank on the hiney... we can't do anything else about it. I must say that part is actually teaching me we need to be more consistent with our actions meeting up with our words.
3. This is a side note... My face looks the largest, because I was taking the picture. Now In the picture it doesn't look like I have lost a pound... but may I say that to date... I have now lost 25 lbs... Praise the Lord! I can't wait to be back to my normal self again... and that is going to be sooner than I had expected! WAAAHHOOO! Now, I know that size isn't everything, but come on women... you know what we battle with, and you know that it is important for us to feel good about ourselves. I am not saying that we don't find our identity in the Lord... WE DO! I am just saying that it feels great to feel more like myself again! :) I'll post a full shot one of these days... when I am feeling better!
Sick-o's
Sick-o'sAnd more Sick-o's!


3 comments:
you guys look ill...but still smiling.
WOW...25 Pounds! That's awesome you go girl!
It is definitely not easy to get back to your old size...maybe one day I'll join you in your accomplishment!
good for you christy! thats awesome. love you. glad you all are feeling better. praying for you.
Hope you all are better now!! Thanks for the clothes for Lauren, sent some more your way as well! Love you!!
Post a Comment