Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update on Debbie


I Got an email from Debbie late last week and am just now updating all of you. Sorry it's taken so long, we are just starting to feel more like ourselves again from all the sickness. Debbie has finally gotten the definite word on the date she is starting Chemo treatments... it will be February 25th. Her first treatment may last as long as 5 1/2 hrs... so her whole day will be devoted to her treatment. This is going to be a long rough start, but again, with the Lord ... ALL things are possible, and with the Lord... HIS strength is made perfect in our weakness. I keep remembering those words and it gives me comfort knowing she is going to be strengthened through all of this. Debbie is past ready to start... she is anxiously awaiting this in order to move on with her life and the normalcy of it. Please continue praying for Debbie, for the Lord to comfort her, strengthen her, uphold her... and to become more and more evident to her. Please be praying for her girls , her youngest one Ella, is really struggling and being really clingy to Debbie. Pray that the Lord places HIS hand upon Ella, as only He can, to reassure her that HE has her mommy in HIS HUGE HANDS! Last but not least... pray for Shawn, her husband... that he would have the strength to take care of the girls while Debbie is really tired, that his walk would be brought to a deeper level of understanding of who God is and what HE is all about. Pray that the Lord gives Shawn grace where it is due, and that Shawn offers that grace to those around him... we all know how hard parenting is and how tiring it can get, and when Debbie is going to be wiped out Shawn is going to be the caretaker. Pray the Lord supernaturally gives him a heart like a mom... for the couple months he will need it!

Thanks again for all your prayers, each and every one of them is heard...
God bless, and bless someone today...
christy

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi, I'm visiting from the Rigg's family blog. We justgot over strep, followed by croup and topped off with an ear infection. I got two out of three following my kids. I know how you feel. I said a prayer for your little one and your family.

dawn said...

hey girl! look at your sweet girl's hair!!! jordyn wants straight hair and i am trying to teach her to love her curls!!

i am going to call you so we can pick a time for next week for my hair! i have been meaning to do it this week, i have a cold and have been out of sorts. talk to you soon!