This post is part of "Hi/Lo Thursday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check out their blog to read everyone else's "Hi/Lo" posts and for a chance to win $100.I always start with the Lo... for the day, this way we can end on a Hi note!
Lo: Today we were in the doctors office all morning (mind you we were there all morning yesterday) Lilly had been positive for Strep (even after taking a whole 10 days worth of antibiotics that were really strong)and so they changed her antibiotic to Azithromax, and this morning she had welts all over her legs and arms.... they started out small and got very large very quickly... it made me very nervous because I didn't want to see her stop breathing or anything like that. Allergies run rampant in my family... and my dad is very allergic to many different things that can cause him his life... Lilly is following suit I believe! The docs believe that she had an allergic reaction to the drug... so now they will make a note in her chart to not give her azithromax. Still not totally sure, the docs drew a lot of blood to test of many other things, ran a urinalysis, and she had another strep test done... This child hates doctors and any time someone puts on gloves she immediately starts crying and saying 'Oouchie mommy, hold me' even though I am almost always already holding her. So that was our lo today... another full morning in the docs office. BLAH! ha ha!
HI: As soon as the gloves come off of the doctor or nurse she is their best friend... laughing and saying 'all done, all done... let's go home' So even in the midst of strife and her pain, she is ready to put a smile on her face and be her giggly self again! I thank the Lord for her happy self... she amazes me sometimes. So the picture is of Eli Thanking the Lord for Lilly and her little life, when he found out about her welts he wanted to pray immediately... and did so with a thankful heart!


3 comments:
hey christy - sorry i didn't call this afternoon, i don't know what i was thinking - like i would have a chance to do that with the kids home and doing all the homework and stuff. i will try tomorrow. i will be praying for your baby girl!!
also, check out my blog, i gave you a bloggy award!!!
Christy, I am so sorry she is still sick, poor thing. I'm praying for you guys.
Chris...I wish I could do something for you and little Lillie!! Is she feeling better?? Miss you guys and I heard that Sarah is coming into town in March/April-does that mean you are too? Of course I cant wait to see ANY of you girly girls at any time I can. I just love you guys.
Youre so funny about the waxing. It had to have been the girl that you had because once you find a good waxing girl, its easy as pie! I'll be doing it until the day I give birth...I cant have the docs looking at a mess "down there."
Post a Comment