Good morning all! I wanted to give an update to you on Debbie. As you know, last wednesday, she started her chemo treatments. They went well, and she is starting to feel a bit fatigued. Debbie is an amazing woman... she is undergoing chemo treatments... and writes, I am still doing my 3 mile workout... What? Ok, I am not even doing that right now, and I am not going through treatments... I told you guys she is a fighter! She had an oncology appt. yesterday and her white blood cell count was very low... it was supposed to be in the 1000 range, and her count was 200. Please be praying that her wbc will rise. The docs did give her a shot to boost her wbc, but that is going to make her achy for the next couple days. Please pray that she recovers from the shot quickly and isn't too fatigued from it. What an amazing attitude she has, when I dropped a meal off last wednesday we were able to talk for about an hour and a half... the Lord is truly working in her life. She has been given a new outlook on life... and is seizing every moment to talk to people about the Lord. I pray that the Lord uses her in a mighty way in every persons life that she touches. May He be glorified in all that we do! Thanks for keeping her in your prayers... she is a living testimony of how the Lord moves and works through prayer.

On another note, Scott and I were able to get away last night (thanks to Wendy) and talk over Coffee with our Pastor Andrew and his wife Megan.... What a blessing that was. Let me tell you something... they are the real deal. Scott and I walked away so encouraged, loved every moment of being there with them, and look forward to doing it more often. I hope that through meeting with them, we not only glean from the amazing example they are of what it is to be one in Christ, but walk away from sipping on coffee and talking... as great friends. I can sense that the Lord is going to use them as people we can go to, bounce ideas off of, and learn more of what is to be a husband and wife (united in Christ) that fully puts the other partner first. Thank you so much for spending your evening with us... We have been touched in an amazing way by the both of you... Megan I would love to get together, just you and I, and get to know you more. I will be praying for you and your family.

3 comments:
I am glad to hear that Debbie is doing alright. I will continue to keep her in prayer. If you read my blog post, you will see that Radford won last night! I will be going to the game on Saturday at 4 and will probably leave Radford by 6:30. This would put me at your place by 9:30, 10 at the latest. Please let me know if this is too late. I will give you a call later on today after my class. Have a great day!
Saw her today!!! She looks great! I love her new hair cut...she looks sooo young.
I hope you all are well... How are the kids? Any new funk? As my mother would say...Garlic...give them Garlic!!! Garlic kills everthing!
Have a great weekend!
~G
I have been sewing for years, my grandmother taught me a few things by hand sewing the rest I have just picked up here and there...mostly alterations and no-fun stuff like that. I am just getting into the 'fun' stuff. I am no genius when it comes to sewing either...but I do have fun!Have you found a print you want to use yet?
Post a Comment