Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hair Cut










Let me tell all of you a story about my little girl, my little sunshine, my little sweet pea... Lillian... A couple months ago she decided that when she grew up she wanted to be just like mommy, and be a stylist. So she took it upon herself to put hand sanitizer in her hands and use it as gel to spike Zach's hair. I posted about that one a couple months ago... can't remember what post... but I had pictures to go with it. Then she also decided that day she was going to sit in mommy's chair with the cape draped around her neck and cut away. She took my scissors (which I had left a little too close to the edge of the table) and cut the top of her hair. First I just thanked the Lord that she didn't seriously hurt herself, because those scissors are extremely sharp. Second, I thought to myself... thank God she has curly hair because that kinda hides the fact she cut her hair. Months later (which was just a couple nights ago) Lilly wanted her mommy to flat iron her hair... 'Mommy, Lilly's hair?' is what she said... pointing to the flat iron. Alright, it's not going to hurt anything.. so we proceed to flat iron my 2 1/2 yr. old daughters hair... and it was horrible! After Lilly had cut her hair, I tried to blend it somewhat... but I could only do so much with a girl who likes to move around a lot... Like I said, curly hair hides a whole lot... but when straightened, whoa... what a mess. I decided that the only way her hair was going to grow out looking somewhat normal... and not so much like a mullet was to cut it... I bobbed it in order for it to look thicker. As it had been growing, her hair was looking thin... and some curls were really long and others not so much. Anyway, her cut turned out really cute... I even like it curly like this... I have to admit, I kept telling Scott that she was going to look like a boy... and I was very upset... but being the perfectionist I am I couldn't leave her hair the way it was! Now, how in the world could my sweet pea look like a boy with those doe eyes, curly long eyelashes... and that sweet sweet smile? She can't... even if she had somehow gotten a hold of Scott's clippers and shaved it... I think she'd still look girly! (side note: I don't ever want her to get a hold of those clippers... at least not on her head... the two boys... alright!)So this is her fresh new hair cut... what do you think? I'll have to take a picture with it curly as well and let you judge...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Okay...4 the dress in the picture I did not use a ribbon around the bottom...I put a border on it to help with the tutorial to show top & bottom of dress. I would suggest starting off with one solid piece of fabric for your first dress.You will need to get a cotton fabric. Most of the ones at wal-mart or hobby lobby, etc. are going to be cotton. If you aren't sure it will usually be labeled on the end of the fabric roll. For the lining you can just grab that plain solid cheap cotton fabric at walmart... pick a color that matches your fabric...if you can't decide white matches anything. ;o}
For the ribbon on the ties I use grosgrain ribbon. It is the ribbon that has ridges in it...it's not silky...it will say grosgrain on the roll. Any width will do...I used 1 1/2" wide ribbon on the dress in the tut. If you need anything else you can e-mail me or leave another comment...there's an e-mail me link on my profile page. I may go back and put a list of items you need on the tut.
Hope this helps...

the swineharts said...

hey girl....any chance you are still doing hair?? ANy chance you want to do hair saturday afternoon? Or 2 of us.....call me...704-771-6765

joe erin and molly winkels said...

you know, i wouldnt have even realized that her hair was that long with it curly! i think it looks cute! would love to be near you to help me with molly's hair! hope you are having a good weekend!!