Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies... YUM!


Friday night, we wanted to do something together as a family that involved team work. It is so important to teach the children that being a part of the family is FUN but also involves TEAMWORK. Because Lilly has really been my shadow lately, especially when it comes to cooking, I thought it would be fun to do chocolate chip cookies. Everyone had a part, Lilly and Eli were my lil' chefs and Daddy was the photographer and Zach watcher! We made a mess, had fun, tasted the dough before it was cooked, and had a great time eating the yummy, gooey and warm chocolate chip cookies. This is definately going to be the way I cook more often because the kids did all the clean up... with no complaining! That was the greatest part of it all, I think that when they put time and effort into making something, they are more willing to take part in the clean up. We will always remember this night, what a fun friday night we had.





This is what Zach looks like for the most part right now... in a stinky mood, ready to cry... because of his huge teeth coming in.



Zach Enjoying his first warm, fresh out of the oven, chocolate chip cookie... he loved every second of it!



My Eli... He loves cookies, just like his dad!




This is the other thing Zach is doing if he isn't crying... he is pointing at everything!






2 comments:

Mari said...

mmm...chocolate chip coooookies!
How's sarah doing?? You posted about her being sick and I was wondering how she is doing?

Gabby said...

D-lish....