Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another Update


Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for you prayers for my friend Debbie McClain, they have been heard! I got an email from her, and all I could say was WOW! Let me fill you in on the details....



Debbie went to see her surgeon earlier this week and had some fluid drained from under her arm where the centinal nodes were removed... this wasn't a bad thing, her body needs to readjust without the nodes and learn to absorb the fluid without them. Until that happens she will not be able to undergo her chemo... it looks like the first week in February she will start. When talking with the surgeon, Debbie and Sean realized that they had misunderstood the doctor... the two nodes removed were infected... but the third node... wasn't a third node removed... it was actually another 18 removed. That is why she was so sore under the one arm! All the other nodes are cancer free... Praise the Lord!



When Debbie does start her treatments she will be undergoing 21 days for 6 total treatments of chemo, so she'll be taking her chemo drugs plus herceptin and another combination of drugs. Then she will also be undergoing 6 1/2 weeks of radiation, 5 days a week. So please do keep her in your prayers.



The best news of it all is the Oncologist gave her a 90% survival rate... Praise JESUS! What an amazing answer to prayer... all because of each one of you interceding on behalf of Debbie. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!



God Bless,

christy

3 comments:

Tracy said...

It seems like every other blog I pop onto or every other person I talk to has cancer or is really close to someone who does.

I just hate it. I will be praying for your friend Debbie too...

Have a great weekend!

Shak Family said...

You are awesome at updates! We are praying. Also, did your dad fill you in (I think Steve told him yesterday). We will be having another addition in Sept. We are so excited!
Also, I think you guys got way more snow then us. Jaeda would have loved that!

Unknown said...

Great to hear Christy. I will keep praying!