Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Breast Cancer


Hello Family, Friends, and other readers..... This post is one that is dear to my heart... so please if you would take some time out right now as you are reading this to pray for a dear friend of mine Debbie McClain. She is a mother of 3 beautiful girls and has a great husband Sean... they just found out a couple weeks ago that she has a form of Breast Cancer that is called Ductal Carcinoma. This is one of the most common forms of breast cancer... but she has the invasive kind... one where if the cells move through a certain membrane it can spread through her lymphatic system and to other parts of the body... thus she will be going into surgery tomorrow morning, she'll be there at 6 but she said the surgery will be performed from 9-11:30 or so. It is then that she will be having a "port" put in place.. that goes straight into her chest in order for her to receive medicine for the next year... She is very young.. I want to say 37 at the oldest. At this moment in time she is very strong... she knows that her Lord is going to carry her all the way... she is very hopeful that she will overcome this beast. I know her well and let me just say that she is not a quitter... she is a strong woman... and with the Lord "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE"! I will update as I am emailed from her and her family... so stay tuned.
Thank you all so very much... your prayers will be heard... and I know that Debbie will feel them tomorrow as she heads into surgery. I am going to leave you with just a little more detailed info that I got off of a cancer website... so you can know just a little bit more, if you don't want to know any more details... here is where you tune out... just keep praying!
Ductal carcinoma is a form of breast cancer where cancerous cells grow in breast ducts, the tubes that carry breast milk from the breast lobules, where it is secreted to the nipple.
Invasive ductal carcinoma (also called infiltrating carcinoma). This type of ductal carcinoma develops when abnormal cells grow within the breast duct and then spread through the membrane that lines the bottom of the cells to tissue outside the duct. Left untreated, invasive ductal carcinoma can spread to other parts of the body.

If cancer cells in the breast ducts spread through the duct walls and penetrate the basement membrane, the condition is known as invasive, or infiltrating, ductal carcinoma (IDC). From there, the cancer cells can spread, or metastasize, to other parts of the breast and other parts of the body through the lymphatic system, the bloodstream or directly into adjacent tissues.
Psalm 18:35 "You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me;"
Psalm 119:76 "May your unfailing love be my(Debbie's) comfort, according to your promise to your servant."
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 " Praise be to the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of ALL COMFORT, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

3 comments:

Michael, Karen and Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael, Karen and Morgan said...

Christy, I am a Sunday popped over from Bring The Rain.

I am so sorry to hear of your friend Debbie's diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers will be with her and her family as she goes through her surgery and prepares for the battle that lies ahead of her.

God Bless you, Debbie, Debbie's husband and their daughter's.

Tracy said...

This is the second blog I have read today with news about someone finding out they have cancer.

I HATE it...my family knows all to well the devastation that mean, cruel little devil of a disease can cause. We will lift your friend up in prayer for sure.

Keep us updated.