Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Random....


Ok I was tagged by my friend Dawn... I am supposed to give you 15... yes 15 random things about myself... so here goes... oh, the picture is just as random! again... note the laundry baskets in the back... I think I need to upgrade the baskets to extra large ones! ha! ok... here goes...
1. This week I'll be trying Dawn's chicken and dumplings recipe... I'M SO EXCITED!
2. I made that red sweatshirt with my mom and sister Jen... we all had a Champion sweatshirt and either sprayed or splattered bleach on them. Jen had a navy blue C-shirt and that one was my favorite one!
3. I'm more stressed than ever having two children so close together and going through the terrible two's... have I said I am STRESSED OUT!
4. I am so excited to sit through the sermon series starting this upcoming sunday and theGathering... it's called "Wilderness"... and I feel as if I am there right now... in the midst of the wilderness... so Bring it on!
5. Our family just got plugged into a house-gathering that meets 1 and 3rd saturdays of the month... and we already love it and all the people... so excited to see how the Lord is going to work.
6. I love, love, love my girlfriend Wendy Reid... here's a shout out to you... you are the best. Thanks for all the encouragement you give me.. for praying for me and walking alongside me through life's ups and downs. You are awesome... may the Lord bless you more than you can imagine.
7. I miss Grama B and Grampa T... we want you to come soon... it's been too long already! :)
8. I have been praying for wisdom... here's a couple verses that I have been reading this afternoon ... 1Corin. 1:25 "For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength. ... v.27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. v. 31 Therefore, as it is written: 'Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.'"
9. our puppy Cadie has doubled in size... but she is just as sweet as the day we got her. She still isn't huge... I think she'll get to be about 45-50 lbs... just the right size for our family.
10. I am no longer calling my self a "New Yorker"... I admit that my blood has officially thinned out.. when visiting up in NY a couple weeks ago... I have learned that I hate NY winters... it's way too cold!
11. I just got a new cell phone... our two year contract was up an allowed for another new phone... I still don't know how to use it! I am still not sure how to pick up call waiting... so if you are trying to call and it doesn't go directly over to voicemail, it probably means I am trying to get to you... but just don't know how!
12. This may sound nasty... but I just took a shower... the first one in two whole days! It was heaven... I love feeling squeaky clean! and us mama's out there don't get a good shower often enough... so if you are a husband please tell your wife that you'll watch the kids for the next 15-20 minutes while she enjoys a nice HOT shower! Maybe if you do that, she'll shave her legs for you! :)
13. I have been reminded today, all day, of how good God is through my children... even though it's been hairy here lately... they are blessings! Especially my ride this morning in the car with my son, we were just having a great conversation, one that really made sense... he has such a great heart! (I have to add this not to boast about my son... but in the beginning of this year one of his goals was to be a "character kid", Eli prayed that his attitude would shine through this year... and I just got the email... SSHHHH... he was elected Character kid for his class... for Optimism... he is going to be so excited when he is awarded... this comes as a surprise to each child... this friday I will be attending his assembly at 1:30... ) that is such a blessing to me because I know this has been something he's wanted for so long! thanks God!
14. I too need a haircut... Dawn, I wish you cut hair so we could swap out! ha!
15. I love the Lord, how about you?
Now I tag ... Kari Shak , Matt Dunham :), let's try my sister's Sarah and Jen... I tried them last time and they never joined in the fun! Go to it guys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chicken and dumplings are awesome! My friends down in Charlotte made it for me the last time I was down there. I will be praying for you and Scott during this crazy time. I would love to come on down sometime. Let me know if any weekends are better than others. My schedule is pretty free. Say hi to Scott and the kids for me!

sarah said...

nice catching up with you. praying for you guys. thanks for your prayers. love the pictures of lilly, she is looking so mature. love you.

Jen said...

Hey Christy!! I finally did it, but it's on my facebook since I've been tagged quite a few times. Look on there and see. Love you and praying for you!! Hope your week goes better!!