Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our weekend


Thursday we get a phone call from Scott's best friend from VA "hey man do you mind if we come for the weekend?" Excited that Mike was wanting to come, we quickly got prepared for Mike to arrive Friday evening. Around lunch time the kids and I pick Eli up for a half day, and I called Mike to see what time he expected to arrive... thinking I had time to get ready ... I still had to clean the kids bathroom, move Lilly's room around a bit, and do last minute picking up. Come to find out when we called him... he was already at Concord Mills Mall blowing time because he didn't want to mess our schedule up. That took me for a loop, and then he kept saying "we"... I knew that his wife was still overseas with the air force... Then Mike proceeds to say " you guys are really going to like the guy that is with me, he's also in the police force... he's really nice." My jaw dropped because Scott hadn't told me that Mike was bringing a friend with him... So I wasn't mentally prepared for an extra two! Thank God Scott was sent home early on Friday because of the weather being so cold... I wouldn't have been able to feed the kids and get all that needed to be done in time for Mike and Mike(also called Goose) to arrive. Despite me being caught off guard for a minute... we had a great time with Mike and Goose. Eli was excited to have people here other than his parents and siblings... he played many rounds of Mario Kart with Mike and Goose. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate with us, so they couldn't really be outside to get energy out. We all played a couple rounds of Uno... and the guys played..... TWISTER! It was hysterical to see them all twisting and contorting their bodies the way they were... I was handling the little ones... since they are both still sick! Left to Right: Eli, Mike and Goose
They had some great laugh time together... if you are ever in a bad mood... just pull out twister and play with a bunch of friends... it'll lighten the mood.
Then it was off to Eli's first basketball game this season. He played saturday afternoon at 1:30
Lilly warmed up pretty quickly to Mike and Goose... this is at the game, she plopped her self right down in Mike's lap. Mike is really great with kids, and I guess Lilly sensed that in him and ran with it. They had a fun time cheering Eli on...

(Lilly and Mike cheering Eli on)


Who knows what Eli is saying right there... but I could only imagine!



This is after the game when all the kids sit around the coach and get stickers and such for playing well. Eli did a great job... I can't even remember how many shots he made... he pretty much dominated the floor... if any of you watch NC Tar heels play... Eli is like "Physco T"... running up and down the court, blocking balls right and left, this may be the sport that Eli really excels in. Sorry Poppie, I don't think Eli is going to be a soccer player!
Unfortunately, all the pictures of Eli were so dark you couldn't really see who was who and what was going on. I'm thinking a new camera is in my future!

2 comments:

Matt Dunham said...

I cannot believe how fast Eli is growing up! I look forward to being able to watch him compete in sports in the years to come. I will make him a lacrosse player yet!

sarah said...

very cute. sounds like fun. he gets the red face like us ! :)