The beginning of this week I had received an email from Eli's teacher saying that he had been chosen from his class as "Character kid of the month" for Optimism.
This was Eli's first grade teacher Mrs. Marlow(who is now a stay at home mother) she was there as well... it was a blessing to see her... she was such a help with Eli last year. I feel a connection with her because she helped us through some tough times. Eli was excited to see her as well!
Poppie, Mom and Eli. Poppie was also very proud of Eli... in the email he sent back to me saying he would come... he used the words "it would be an honor". Thinking back to when Eli was in my belly, and the hard times that were ahead of me, I never thought I would be where I am now with my son and with my father. It is an honor, Poppie, to have you as my father.. and it is an honor for Eli to have you as his grandfather. You have been a vital part in Eli's life... in who he is now, and who he will be when he becomes a man. Thank you so much for investing in Eli's life and being so close with him.

This was all the kids from each grade and class who was chosen as "Character kid of the month" for optimism.
When we went back to the classroom, Eli wanted to get a picture with all the kids in his class... and he wanted to sit in the rocking chair... Mrs. Brown(lead teacher) said "Eli, you want to be the king for a day don't you." that is just it... he sure was on top of the world. It really made him feel special.
Eli chose to have a friends sit with him in the rocking chair... It was funny to see all the boys corral together with their eyes wide open as if to say "pick me, pick me!" Eli chose Hunter to sit with him.

What a joy that was for me as a mother to get a message from his teachers about that. As a mom, you try to instill in your children a sense of what it is to be filled with character... character traits the the Lord was known for... and I guess you can say that he definitely made this mom proud! I remember in the beginning of this year Eli had told me...
"Mom, this year I really want to be a character kid..."
"Well, Eli do you know what that means? You need to show that you have the Lord living in your heart, you need to be respectful and kind... you need to always be on your best behavior and listen to your teachers... it's not an easy task."
" I know mom, I can do it... I know I can do it this year."
"Eli, I believe that you can do it also... with Christ all things are possible."
"Yup, ALL THINGS!" Eli said.
This whole character award was a surprise... my father and I were able to attend.. unfortunately Scott and Mimi (and G-ma B and G-pa T)couldn't be there :(. But the look on Eli's face when his name was called was great... and then we walked out from behind a curtain... he was astonished I was there... and he didn't even realize that Poppie had come also.
Proud Mom... with my Optimistic boy!
Proud Mom... with my Optimistic boy!
This was Eli's first grade teacher Mrs. Marlow(who is now a stay at home mother) she was there as well... it was a blessing to see her... she was such a help with Eli last year. I feel a connection with her because she helped us through some tough times. Eli was excited to see her as well!
Poppie, Mom and Eli. Poppie was also very proud of Eli... in the email he sent back to me saying he would come... he used the words "it would be an honor". Thinking back to when Eli was in my belly, and the hard times that were ahead of me, I never thought I would be where I am now with my son and with my father. It is an honor, Poppie, to have you as my father.. and it is an honor for Eli to have you as his grandfather. You have been a vital part in Eli's life... in who he is now, and who he will be when he becomes a man. Thank you so much for investing in Eli's life and being so close with him.
This was all the kids from each grade and class who was chosen as "Character kid of the month" for optimism.
When we went back to the classroom, Eli wanted to get a picture with all the kids in his class... and he wanted to sit in the rocking chair... Mrs. Brown(lead teacher) said "Eli, you want to be the king for a day don't you." that is just it... he sure was on top of the world. It really made him feel special.
Eli chose to have a friends sit with him in the rocking chair... It was funny to see all the boys corral together with their eyes wide open as if to say "pick me, pick me!" Eli chose Hunter to sit with him. These are Eli's teachers this year... from left to right Mrs. Merk, me, Mrs. Brown... and king for the day... Mr. Eli. I wish I could get to know these ladies as well as I did Eli's first grade teacher... it is just too hard with Lilly and Zach to be at the school. So instead I cook them a hot meal every wednesday to say thank you for building into my childs life.
Thanks Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Merk... you guys are awesome!



3 comments:
I am so proud of Eli! Please send him my congratulations! I will be in touch soon about being able to come down. Have a great week!
YAY Eli! Love you buddy! Keep up the good work!
That's awesome. It is so rewarding as a parent when our children have those mountain tops...I think it's great that Eli would look to Christ for the ability to accomplish a task that seemed daunting to him. And I love when Jesus answers kids prayers and builds into their faith! Making their faith more their own and not just based on what Christ has done for us but what He is doing with them! So cool...
Post a Comment